Pages

May 17, 2012

My Soul Sister

What comes to mind when you think of your friends: Parties, movies, hanging out, luncheons, dinners, shopping,, gossiping, etc.

When you think of your closest friend, you remember the time you have spent together gossiping, teasing or pulling other peoples  legs. You automatically think about boys and fights and tantrums etc.

But when i think of my closest friend, I remember Allah, not because she is a preacher of sorts, but because she me helps in the most difficult of tasks i.e; Getting closer to Allah. This friend of mine has the courage to stand up for what is right, even if that means standing up against me. She is not afraid to call a spade a spade. Most people may think that its annoying, but then again, I know that she will always be honest with me no matter what.

Yeah, HONESTY, has always been the keyword with her. She is an excellent conversationalist, scores a bulls eye at convincing people and has a never back down attitude. But the thing that i love the most about her, its the fact that she wishes for me what she wishes for herself, and that is Jannah.

We have an endless list of similarities!

OK, so most of you may think, she must be the sort of tough girl, with a whip in hand, ready to charge at any situation. No, she is the exact opposite. She has a demure, benevolent attitude, a ready smile, an encouraging word and always a helping hand for those in need. She smiles from the heart, laughs till she has tears in her eyes and cries...well..lets not talk about the way she cries!

She has those tiny annoying habits too, which every human must have (the proof of humanity), like her obsession with cleanliness( this may actually be a good thing), her refusal to sit at a particular place, her care while choosing the best seat, her piercing looks when you do something wrong.

So, All in all, I am thankful, that i have this fragile friend of mine, who turns into He-Man, when she needs to.
My blog would be incomplete without this post, because she is an irreplaceable part of my life. She truly is my soul sister.

I love you for the sake of Allah!




No comments:

Post a Comment