Pages

May 20, 2012

Why I need to/want to write

"Writing is mind traveling, destination unknown."

When the first drops of rain hit a parched piece of land, left barren by the scorching sun, the steam which rises from it, gives respite to that land, in the same manner my writing provides respite to my otherwise muddled brain. I have been writing from a very early age, when I was twelve years old I started maintaining a diary. It was a mixed collection of my thoughts, my feelings and my life. Writing became a passion from then on. It became my very own secret escape. A place where I could share all my secrets and my dreams, a place where I would be accepted without question.  My writing gave me the freedom to express my controlled and unending emotions. It became a missing piece of my soul.

Writing is an expression of myself; it is the window to my unseen world. When I write I enter a different world. I write to understand people and to understand situations beyond my comprehension. When I write I feel myself evolving and discovering new emotions and a new part of myself. Writing is a journey of self discovery.  It is the medium through which I feel I can achieve the best within myself.
When I start writing though, I often feel that I get caught up in a whirlwind of emotions and the views which I actually wanted to express are lost in the flow of words. To write better I want to,
  • Sideline my emotions when necessary and keep my focus on the main issue.
  • Overcome my laziness for which I want to write daily.
  • Find people and things that I can relate to.
  • Document my feelings or ideas at one place rather than stowing them away.
Writing is a continuous process and becoming a better writer comes with patience and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment